
I am in love with audio books! I had heard many people say if you drive a lot, you have to check it out. And, now I think it's the greatest. I have been driving an hour plus to work each day and back, and figured I can only listen to radio pranks, celebrity sleaze, and really bad jokes for so long. At one point in my drive, I have to switch stations because I'm in the middle of nowhere and I can't get anything but bad country. So, my first attempt with an audio book, I tried one of Debbie Macomber's lovely easy novels about summer love. Half way through the 3rd cd it stopped working, and I had to switch to reading the book. Luckily, I picked up the printed version from the library, but ended up staying up way past Midnight to complete it.
Now, I'm listening to If I Am Missing Or Dead by Janine Latus. I can only say WOW this story is so powerful and it's a true story--which I didn't realize until after I started reading it. I am not completely finished with it, but I sure am looking forward to the drive now!! I'm hoping to finish it this weekend on my drive home to Indiana. Very exciting things happening at home--a lunch meet up with my college girlfriends and then off to see the most anticpated movie of the last 2 years (at least in my book) Sex and the City 2. I really can't wait!! Then, my younger sister graduates from High School. A great accomplishment and exciting day for her. Congrats O!
1 comment:
i just wrote to you about how much i <3 audiobooks! they definitely make the drive home tolerable.
Post a Comment