Landon and Mommy
+photo by JCHphotography
Mommy, Momma and Mom. All words that I waited my whole life to hear. Landon is now two and recently started calling me momma instead of mommy. And, to be honest I dread the day when it will become Mom instead of mommy and momma. Only because it means he won't be little anymore and I won't rule his world. That's awfully silly for me to say, but there's so much joy from knowing that somebody needs me. It's scary and difficult, but very satisfying at the same time. I love when I can make any tear become a sweet smile on his face. I love the way he lights up when I enter the room. I love hearing him whimper the words Mommy when he goes to bed or wakes up in the morning. Maybe it means I'm selfish to not want these days to go by so quickly, but gosh I treasure them. I know soon I'll wake up and he'll be in 5th grade or high school and I'll yearn to hear my little boy say Mommy again. I'm not wishing time away, but boy it just doesn't stand still at all. It flies by and you really have to make every moment count. Even when I look back at photos of him from last year, it seems as a decade as gone by. I stop and look at the photo and think did I make the most of that moment? And even after two short years, I find myself forgetting moments that made me linger when he was a baby. I am thankful that I took 5,000 photos his first year to remember as much as I can. But all of those moments and photos, don't mean as much as hearing that sweet boy say Mommy.
No comments:
Post a Comment